Most Virginia Commonwealth University services are available during Summer Studies, but some may operate on limited schedules. Check websites for current hours.
On-campus summer housing is available to currently enrolled VCU students. Students sign up for housing based on the length of the summer session and will be billed on the university bill.
Check-in is from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the Sunday before classes begin. There are no Saturday check-ins. Summer residents are required to check out per the dates stated in their summer housing contract.
For questions or rate information, contact Residential Life and Housing at (804) 828-7666.
Parking and transportation
During Summer Studies, daily and hourly parking is available at the West Broad Street Deck, West Cary Street Deck and West Main Street Deck, seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Credit and debit cards, RamBucks and cash are accepted at these locations.
The James Branch Cabell Library and the Health Sciences Library are open and fully operational during Summer Studies. Visit VCU Libraries for current hours.
Other campus resources
- Career Services: Career and professional development for students and alumni through individual career advising, programs and events, and online resources
- Recreational Sports: Programmed and informal recreational and sports activities, including two state-of-the-art fitness facilities
- Bookstores: Textbooks, art supplies, school supplies, computer software, hardware, imprinted gifts and apparel
- Campus Learning Center: Tutoring and supplemental instruction services for VCU undergraduates
- Writing Center: Writing assistance for undergraduates, graduate students and faculty from any discipline
- Student Health Services: Outpatient medical care and public health services for VCU students
For a full list of VCU resources, visit VCU A to Z.